
An old 80's sweater that I turned into a sweater dress for Nani. It needs work. The flower didn't turn out the way I had imagined. I think I'm going to take it off and put black ribbon across the bottom and maybe the collar. At least she's so cute that she makes the dress look better. She wore it on Sunday with a dark grey lace slip underneath and her hair was brushed. Brushing hair usually helps:)
This skirt became....I liked how it turned out. The big fleur de lis I had imagined bigger with less of the whole showing, but I thought it still looked good enough.
a close up of the small fleur de lis.
and this one became...

a close up of the small fleur de lis.
and this one became...
Same as the last one. Converted it into a jumper, added a ruffle, and a design of some sort. I tried to get a close up of the design in the bottom right corner, but my camera has really bad exposure. The above pic is even edited.
Nani didn't have a black shirt to match this so I used one of my old t-shirts and made it her size and added elastic on the sleeves to make a gathered ruffle look.

12 comments:
how do you do that? Make everything look so caute!!!
Wow! That's pretty amazing!
Such talent! They turned out beautiful!
I always expect to see something cute when I visit your blog. You never dissapoint! How in the world do you make an adult shirt into a toddler shirt, and make it so cute?
The girls looked adorable in their tutu's for Halloween!
(I might as well "ditto" everything Emily said... so, "ditto".)
Ok so the fleur de lis dress is to die for. I love it. I am in love with anything fleur de lis it is all over my house. REally I want one for KJ. As for that first dress that Nani is in, what do you mean take the flower off. NO way it is so cute. Don't touch it. I love it just how it is.Can I have one of those too?! Chelsea you really are amazing. I wish I lived by you to join in on all your fun idea's. Thanks for always posting your amazing talent.
If you ever want to go into business for yourself, I am sure you could. If you lived close by and we could afford it I would totally pay you to make clothes for my kids and be our personal designer. I love all the stuff you do. I still don't know when and how you find the time to do it, but I guess you are keeping that secret to yourself. Maybe you are a vampire and just don't need sleep?
The girls were darling in their dresses today! I sure need a hobby like your's!
Love how creative you are. I could never do what you do let alone coming up with the concepts!!
I think you have the touch of a Godess! Everything you touch turns beautiful and amazing. I want to know your tricks! How do you do the designs on the dresses??? I love your ideas? Do you make your own patterns? Is this all in your wonderful little brain. Can I pay you to come out here and teach me how to become super woman like you??? Seriously???
You are amazing Chelsea!! Those are beautiful!
You are truly amazing! Way to go SUPER-MOM!
Post a Comment