Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Last weeks projects

I found this while going through my supplies. Yes, these were projects from last Christmas. The kitchen towel apron. They seriously take a few minutes, but I guess I just started doing other projects before I finished them.

And then back to this wretched thing. Reupholstering isn't the most fun project I've done.
I started this a month ago and brought it back out this week to finally finish it. This takes awhile and it's a pretty lame job, but it's good enough for me.






And these, well these are almost done. All I have left to do is to paper the back. I have 3 shelves done on the left bookshelf. These were a few months long project. A friend helped, well actually 2 friends, helped us build these shelves and bench. I had this idea, good or not, I don't know, but nonetheless, an idea, that I would build these shelves. I was looking through some magazines and I saw this bay window with all these cute pillows and I really liked it. So I said to myself,
"That would be cool to have in our living room."
I tried to figure out a way to do it and this is the best I came up with, since we are just renting and probably shouldn't knock out a wall to make the bay window. Obviously, the pad and the pillows are not done for the bench and neither are the curtains. So there is more work to do, but the shelves are built and painted.




10 comments:

The Skinners said...

Chels you are amazing. I think you have a talent with crafty things that turn out awesome. You should open a boutique.

Missy said...

I spy the bird cage! It looks great! :-) Everything looks awesome!!!!! :-) Wow!

Stacia said...

So creative and ambitious!! I can't believe how good of a reupholster-er (?) you are!!! I can't wait to see the finished shelves/window seat.

E n D said...

You are always so busy, how do you find enough time in a day? I love all of your projects. You inspire me!

Mashaide said...

I wish I could click on the pictures to see the details. You are amazing as ever!

Dacia said...

Okay Martha Stewart, does your talent ever end???? Yet again, you're amazing!!

Amanda said...

When you finish up decorating your house and making wardrobes for your own children then you can come out and stay with me for awhile and work on mine...okay?
Everything looks amazing!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Wow project lady, WOW!!!! Everything looks fantastic!

Em said...

You crafty lady, I am impressed!

Studio Gal Shannon said...

It all looks good to me! Thanks for posting so we can be inspired.