Friday, September 18, 2009

Girls weekend

Sept. 10-12th, my sisters and a niece got together for a Girl's Weekend! It was more than fun! It was rejuvenating, it was uplifting, it was fulfilling. Besides just enjoying each other, we went to a Time Out For Women's conference in Boise. It was Fri. night and Sat. morning/afternoon. I highly recommend going if you get a chance. It really is a "Time Out" and you hear many inspiring messages. I've been to TOFW before, but because I went with my sister's this time, it was even better. After the conference, back at my sister's house, we shared testimonies, laughter, burdens and comfort. My sisters are all great examples and provide inspiration and strength. I appreciate the time I was able to spend with them and build even stronger bonds. I love you sisters! Thank you for a profound moment in life and all the fun we had! Can't wait until next time!
Some of the other things we did: went to the Boise Temple, had a sister photo session, went out for appetizers and lunch, played games, and talked....ALL NIGHT LONG. From the time I got there, Thursday night, to the time I left, Sunday morning, so 3 nights, I figured I slept for about 8 hours. I love my sleep, but when I get with my sisters (family) I love being with them more! (My poor husband. I came home and passed out on the couch. He is so kind to me!)
Picking me up from the airport.

Click here to see these cute books my sister made for us, which were are finishing in this pic.


Boise Temple
(Me, Des, Dacia, Mel Erika)

The first day at the conference.

Dosh and me.




Old Chicago for appetizers and dessert.

Me and Janel at Old Chicago

Mel and Janel (at IOU Sushi)
At my sister's sushi restaurant

With our awesome books.


Erika (with her little prego belly) and Mel at Cold Stone

Des and Shaz at Cold Stone




Dosh, I really wanted to post this pic because it reminds me of all the good laughs we had that weekend. Since I saw it on your blog, I figured it was safe.



I appreciate my wonderful husband and his parents for taking care of the girls so that I could spend that time with my sisters!

11 comments:

Missy said...

Looks like you had an amazing time!!!!! Love the pics!!!!!!!!!

Ashley said...

What a fun weekend. The books your sis made are darling! Glad you were able to get away for a weekend...well deserved!

Dacia said...

I wish we lived closer so I could hang out with you all the time!! Love you Belsea Bits!

Sarah said...

SO fun Chels! I'm glad you had such a GREAT time :0)

Krystal said...

Looks like the best weekend! I am so glad you got to go and have some sister/woman time. You deserved it!!! I am just waiting for the day I do something like that. Their is no love like sister love! Miss you guys. Tell the girls HI

Mashaide said...

I'm ready for another one already. Do you think you could get away? =0) Just kidding. We'll definitely have to figure out when we can do it again. Love you my little sista!

Stacia said...

Looks like so much fun! You look great, Chels!

Amanda said...

If I could be an adopted relative into your family I would love it! You guys are so amazing. I love how much you all care about each other, how much you love each other, all the fun you have and how great it is that you are able to get so many of you together when your family is so big! You guys are amazing. Sounds like a fun weekend. Maybe not the most restful weekend, but fun!

Pricilla said...

Wow, you have a lot of sisters! Holy cow! That looks like so much fun, it makes me miss my sisters.

Studio Gal Shannon said...

Chels I keep seeing pictures and wishing I could've gone. Looks like so much fun. I may go the the Kansas City TOFW but it won't even be close to the spectacular time you all had. And shoot we missed you for Leila's thing. Sorry we didn't drive down but wade had a campout. Miss you.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I say a big AMEN to my sisters comment! Looks and sounds like an amazing weekend! When I heard that was going to happen I just knew you would all have a total blast! Can't wait to see you again some day! Glad you had fun, and yes you are beautiful as I read another one say. Chels, you have become such an amazing woman it just blows me away how amazing and beautiful you are! I am so proud of my little sis Bels since that is what I will ALWAYS think of you as!