Saturday, August 15, 2009

Girls' weekend!

Daddy went to Kansas City, 3 hours away, to work for the weekend. So we had a girls' weekend. We started off with a little trip to a park with a lake and we, of course, threw rocks, and other things in. We had a lesson on what floats and what sinks. There's a part that has cement stepping stones to walk across. It's pretty easy by yourself, a little exciting with a 4 year old. Where the stepping stones are it's really mossy. So mossy that you can't even tell it's water. I'll have to take a picture of that next time we go.








Then after lunch and playing at home, we went to Dairy Queen for ice cream! Yum!
These cones were too big for the girls, and I couldn't finish theirs and mine, so they ended up in the trash. Next time we'll share.


Then we got a few movies and after dinner, we snuggled on the couch and watched them together.

Saturday, after mowing the lawn, we went to the Farmer's market. It was okay, the girls really liked it, so I can't complain. Here they are with some squash.


The Farmer's Market was at the 4H fairgrounds. so we got to see some horses too. That's Aleah's uneasy look. We were a little too close for her comfort. (Which in all actuality is not close at all. Notice we weren't even close enough to get a horse in any pictures)



Then we headed down to Main street to take a trolley tour, but we missed the first ride and were too early for the 2nd one. Then we just sat and let the girls eat the homemade granola bars we bought at the Farmer's Market.
There was a fly disturbing the girls while trying to eat.


Then we went to the car wash. The girls enjoyed scrubbing and spraying. It probably should have only cost $2.50, but it ended up being $5.00. It takes a little longer when little people help:)

Then we had lunch at the Main Street Deli, which was very nice.
Before we left, the girls really wanted to sit on this bench. And because I'm so nice, I let them. They were making faces in the window and they thought they were so funny. I thought it was pretty funny too!

Well, that's pretty much all the exciting stuff we did. (Hey, I know, it doesn't sound that exciting, but it sure was fun just hanging out with my girls!)

8 comments:

Missy said...

It sounds very exciting! Wow...you guys did lots of fun things this weekend! And...I have to add...love the skirts!!! :-) You made some fun memories this weekend! I remember the things Mommy & I used to do when the males of the house were all gone on campouts. Fun times! :-)

Mashaide said...

You are a perfect mom! So easy going and laid back. And you make all their clothes that are way cute. I wished I could have hung out with you guys sounds like my kind of weekend. I just miss those little munchkins. I wonder if there were any people on the other side of the window. If there were I bet they had a great time watching the girls make faces too.

Dacia said...

I love girl time! Makes having girls even more fun! Can you imagine as they grow all the fun girl times you'll have!

Krystal said...

I mean how many of those skirts did you make? See you could have your own store. If you can make that many in a few days just think of all the other stuff you can do.What a good mom you are. How fun to just have some girl time. So I really do love the girls skirts! Do you know how cute it will be to get your family pictures done down town on main street. I mean look at that cute bench. Love it!

Stacia said...

Cute matching skirts and I love their bling on their sandals.

Amanda said...

Wow, I don't know why but Kanani seems Sooo much bigger all of the sudden. She is getting to be a little girl. I still think of her as a baby. But these pics prove otherwise. And Aleah's face by the horses is too funny. Seeing your girls together makes me really hope we have another girl someday.

Em said...

I give you lots of props for a creative, feasible day out with small children. Lots of mom points for you!

E n D said...

Could your girls be any cuter? I doubt it. I love the pictures! Did you get a minivan?