Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The "Good-byes" begin

Since we'll be moving soon, we went down to D.C. and stayed with some friends from undergrad. It was a lot of fun and the kids had a really good time together.




Good bye O'neils.


( I had to put this picture of Matthew calling his friend, Dave, just to tell him we're passing the Federal Reserve building. It's a political picture for Matthew's viewing pleasure.)
Good bye to Matthew's political conversations in the car pool, never thought I would miss that.




A quick pic at the Museum of Natural History
Good bye to ALL the many things to do on the East side.


And of course we got to do one last session in the D.C. temple. The Temple is always a good experience, but what made it even better was that we ran into one of my old roommates. She's getting married at the end of this month and we thought that we were going to be able to go. Soon after we made our plans to move, we found out that we're going to miss it by one day:(

To see her there and meet her fiance was definitely the icing on the cake!

(oh, no picture, I didn't have the camera with me at that moment.)
Good bye D.C. Temple

Then we came home and celebrated a birthday for our friend. This is as gourmet as it gets at the Perrys'.



Matthew's beautiful scrumptious dessert creation. He's the dessert man in our house.
Good bye to fun dinners with the colonists.

One last night out with the ladies! Dessert at the Melting Pot. Oh ya! Can't go wrong with the ladies and Cho-co-la-tay!

Good bye ladies.

And another night out with some friends from the Spanish Branch.



Good bye Spanish Branch.

Moving is hard, well if you love where you're at. I know it's not a surprise to anyone, but I get emotional about it almost everyday. I don't bawl out my eyes, I'm waiting until we actually move to do that, but you know, those moments of reflection and thought and your eyes well up. Sigh...just getting emotional...

3 comments:

Dacia said...

You're so cute! Moving is always hard--as is saying good-bye!

Amanda said...

Good-byes are no fun :( But I am so happy that you guys have had such an amazing time out there and meat so many great people.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Its always hard to leave somewhere you love and people you love but what is ahead is going to be wonderful!