Monday night, right after FHE, Dr. Jon Julian called from Kansas.......and yes, he offered the job to Matthew!!!! There are 3 dentist, 2 partners and one associate, and they all decided on Matthew. They were really impressed with him, his positive attitude and that he sought them out. They could tell he really wanted to be there and he could see what a great opportunity it was. We won't get into numbers or anything, but it's a great opportunity for many reasons, I'm sure I posted them way back when I put our first post about visiting this practice, but lets just do a quick run down. Great office, new technology, recently remodeled and they do everything there is to do. They don't refer anything out, so that means they do, of course, the regular dentistry, sedation, implants (Matthew's most desired procedures) then wisdom teeth, sinus lifts, ortho...I don't know what else, but that's plenty.
The first 10 months he'll be looking over Dr. Julian's shoulder to thoroughly learn the procedures (like a GPR), and then after that Dr. Julian sells his portion to the associate now, and then Matthew becomes the associate and will have the opportunity to buy in after 3-5 years, whenever he's ready.
So this is way better than a GPR, because he learns so much more and gets paid more and doesn't run the chance of having a lame GPR or Residency politics.
Anyway, McPherson, small -15,000, but great place to raise a family and we love the town, plus the town is way into basketball!!!
So McPherson, Kansas here we come. The good ol' Midwest, where they cling to their guns and their religion.
We feel very blessed and grateful and very fortunate to already know where we're going.
17 comments:
OH MY GOSH! CONGRATS! I am so happy for you and Matthew. That is so great. This certainly must be the right thing for you guys, it has all worked out so well. I don't like the fact that you will be all the way over in Kansas, but I had accepted Cali would not be a place of residence for you and your fam. Yay for your family!
Congrats!!! I know I told you on the phone, but I can't say it enough. YOu are both such good people, and the lord can't help but bless his sheep. I love you both so much, and your sweet girls. I think it such a blessing to know were your going, and how it all played out. You are such an example to me, and I am so happy for your family. We love you guys and miss you tons.
I hope to catch some b-ball games!!!! :-) :-) :-)
I'll pull out my poms-poms!!! :-)
p.s. The new background is very cool!
I'm so happy for you guys and I can't wait to visit you in Kansas. Never been there!
Congrats Matthew, you guys certainly deserve this after all your hard work!
Yay!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! congratulations Matthew! We will definately come to visit! Of course we'll have to be visiting Lawrence when we come as well- but we'll have some good basketball times ahead of us! That will be so fun, and I'm so happy for you that you know where you get to settle down! That is really exciting, and it sounds like an awesome job! Miss you guys!
I have been wondering about that. That is great news! You know where you are going before graduation....that is nice. Matthew is a stud. Who wouldn't want a piece of that?
After all that time and hard work on your family's part I am so happy to hear that this oppertunity has come to you guys! You deserve it very much! I am so happy for you and your beautiful family! Great Job Matthew and no man could do all this without a fantastic, loving, and supportive wife!
We will have to all come out to Kansas to visit one of these days!
When do you move???
Pretty soon I am sure you will be in the beautiful home of your dreams! Yeah!!!
Congrats guys! We're so happy for you! Your whole experience has proved how close you are living to the spirit. I mean, who would have thought you'd end up in Kansas, yet it is the perfect fit!
Oh my gosh that is the most amazing news. CONGRATS!! What a huge weight to be lifted and so early in the year...
That's excellent news, Matt and family! Getting that first job is the best feeling in the world. I've driven through Kansas several times, but can't say that I've heard of McPherson. What part of the state is it? I apologize if you answered that question in an earlier post.
Sean
Congrats! I am so happy for you guys. Matthew is a great guy and I bet they loved him. That is such a relief to know what you are doing after graduation. Now you can start house shopping.
Congrats! (I know I already said that, but it looks better in writing)
CONGRATULATIONS! It sounds like a wonderful opportunity, and I'm sure there are some very happy grandparents!
Talk about a load off your shoulders for the rest of the school year. Too bad Matt couldn't work some magic with boards and get that off his plate by now too! HA. Good luck you guys, you'll love it!!
Congrats to the both of you. You deserve it! We're very excited for you guys!
Congratulations you guys. You deserve the BEST! It sounds like a great situation. I love that video of your girls too by the way, it almost made me cry.
Post a Comment