The Crown Jewel--that's the house we stayed in and that was the name of it.
OBX 2008

Outerbanks, North Carolina is the best family vacation we've ever had, well, I guess it's really the only vacation we've ever had. Most trips we take a filled with plenty of people and places to see and things to do. Don't get me wrong, I love doing all that, especially when it's visiting family. The thing we love about going to Outerbanks, is that we don't have to do anything. Everyday we wake up and said hey, what do you want to do? Well, hey, lets go to the beach...and then all you have to do is throw on a swim suit and walk out to the beach. We boogie boarded, played in the sand with the girls and played volleyball. The water is comfortably warm, the weather about 85 and when it's lunch time we just walk back to the house, eat and take a nap. After nap time, we go back to the beach, swim in the pool or just hang out. At night we played games and the Wii(lots of fun, by the way!!!) and watched the RNC. I tell you, we loved it. The girls loved it too! No worries and no stress. It's hard to come back. We had a blast with our little family and we had great company. (We went with 5 other dental student families. It's a great idea-rent a beach house together and you get a place to stay for your little family for $323 for a whole week--oh, and it's on the beach. Now what other trip can you take for that little? Yes there's gas for a 6-8 hour drive and what ever other little costs, but c'mon)
So, like I said before, I definitely recommend it! Even when we don't live on the East coast anymore, I think we'll have to come back, but I guess it will cost a little more for travel. Enough rambling, here are some pics to tell more about our trip!
So, like I said before, I definitely recommend it! Even when we don't live on the East coast anymore, I think we'll have to come back, but I guess it will cost a little more for travel. Enough rambling, here are some pics to tell more about our trip!
Our last afternoon on the beach, it was pretty choppy and they didn't allow anyone in the water after noon because of Hurricane Hannah, so we didn't swim, just watched the waves.
This was after Aleah FREAKED OUT because a dog came running up to her. There was no putting her down after that.

at the beach house on Sunday afternoon.
Aleah wouldn't even take off her sunglasses in the house.
Nani loving the pool.
My Co-pilot with his girls.







10 comments:
Cute pictures! Sounds like a dream, wish we could have gone! Travel would have costed quite a bit for us. Maybe when you're making big bucks you can take us :)
I'm so glad that you made it back before the hurricane, we were a little worried that you'd vacation during those storms.
I miss you guys. The girls look so big. Nani really has grown up to me. I really wish we could of been there. Sounds like it was a blast! You were only missing us right? No I agree there is nothing like OBX. I'm glad you did it again. I thought about you all week, and how much fun you must be having. All call you soon to hear about all the fun. Miss you all so much
How freakin fun! I wish you could of experienced OBX the Orr's. Oh well. looks like you had fun anyways. he girls are so grown up. Matt is lookin good too! Have you heard form Kansas?
Oh boy, way to make us miss the OBX times. tears are flowing! glad you had fun and glad the hurricane didn't sneak up on you. miss you guys
I'm digging the wave sounds you have on here! So relaxing :)
Great pics!
Could your family be any cuter. You adorable, tan little family. I am really happy for you that you went on a Real vacation and actually got to enjoy yourselves and relax.
I had a lot of fun talking today. I REALLY, REALLY do wish we lived closer. I would love to go on play dates with you and the kids and hang out chatting while our little monsters ran around with each other. Sigh...
Ok so it seems that when you go on vacations places natural disasters seem to occur. Can you give me a heads up before you come to Cali so I can prepare myself for some huge earthquake or something??? Just Kidding but how freaky and cool. My husband would be so jealous. He wants to experience all the freaky things, a hurrican, tornado, huge earthquake, all that jazz. What a wierdo.
Anyway, your trip looks so cool!!! LOVE THE HOUSE!!! It is HUGE!!!! And your kiddos are so stinkin cute. They look just like you to me and they both look so different but so chelsea! You have a beautiful fam and I am so happy that you guys were able to get away for a little R & R!
Looks like so much fun! Glad you made it back, hope the girls don't go into withdrawal.
I'm glad you had fun, I am so jealous I miss you guys and the fun we had at obx
I miss the OBX trip as well.. it was one of the funnest things we did back east.... well actually it was THE FUNNEST thing we did. So Im glad you had a good time!
Post a Comment