Monday, September 15, 2008

Our sugar plum fairy

Last Saturday Aleah went to her first Ballet class. She thoroughly enjoyed it! I have to tell you, she was just so cute! When class started and I saw her out there, looking so happy, my eyes welled up with tears. I know, I'm much more emotional than need be. It's just that she's becoming such a big girl and her own little person, that I felt so much joy to see her happy and I was proud of my little girl. I know, yet again, just too mushy mushy.
My poor kids, I never realized until this very post that my kids are going to be so embarrassed of their over sensitive mother, wow, I really gotta reel the emotions in. Anyways, back on point, I told Aleah several times before we went to her class, not to be shy and to try her best to listen to the teacher. She replied, okay mom.
Then when we came home and we asked her about her class and if she liked it and if she wanted to go back, it was a DEFINITE YES! Then we asked her to show us what she learned. She remembers first position, but needed help with the others. Then last, but not least, with a teeth revealing grin and looking so proud, she said,
"Mommy, I wasn't shy and Mommy and Daddy are so proud of me!"
I mean, c'mon, what could I do?! I didn't well up with tears, give me some credit, but I did get the look again...the my little girl is growing up, I'm so proud of her look. I just love that little munchkin!

7 comments:

Em said...

Man, girls look like fun. I gotta get me one of those.

Chell said...

Aww how incredibly cute. What fun!!!!

Amanda said...

Oh Chels, Your little girl is growing up! Who cares if you embarass them by being mushy...that is what moms do.

Krystal said...

She looks so cute! I know what you mean with the whole growing up thing. It is so sad, and yet amazing to see them become there own person, and become apart of a team or for her a dance class. If only we could stop time. I guess you'll just have to take a lot of pictures/video so we can get in on the goods. Tell her good job and we are proud of her too.

E n D said...

Aww, how cute!!! I'm sure she loved it! And it's so cute that you got emotional!

Dacia said...

How adorable! Don't worry about being a crying mom--I am too! Come on you know me...don't look at me when you're crying or I'll cry too, just because you're crying :)

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That is so stinkin cute and I can not believe that my little Bels is old enough to have a kiddo in Ballet!!! How cool is that? O and that first pic of her is SO YOU!!! She is beautiful and I am sure you are so proud! You are a fantastic mommy and I love how much you love those little ones!!!