Well, lets just get it out there, Aleah broke her first window, wait I mean her last and only window that she will ever break because we so calmly and patiently dealt with it. Now she knows that we do not throw rocks, except in the river where we try to skip rocks. It took her awhile to calm down after the incident, but she learned her lesson...okay I wish she learned her lesson, but something tells me she still doesn't quite understand Newton's whole "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction", meaning whatever she does, there's a consequence, weather good or bad. Needless to say, the next day her play time outside got cut short because there she was, throwing rocks. It's okay though, because instead of dealing with it calmly the second time, I just decided she'd probably learn better if I just threw rocks at her. Lesson learned again, now she promises to never throw a rock again. ( I hope nobody really thinks I threw big rocks at her, just little ones and not very hard, okay none really....I hope I don't come off as a mother who would throw rocks at her child, maybe during my postpartum, okay not then either. Besides all the postpartum is taken care of.)

This isn't a picture after the incident, it's just a cute, sweet innocent picture to help remind me that she's just a little sweetheart that didn't mean any harm. Love her, keep her!!
5 comments:
Wow! Check her out. She must have a pretty good arm on her...that seems a bit young to be breaking windows. I don't think I ever broke a window (maybe that is the missing void from my childhood). At least you took control and handled the situation :)
You are so hilarious in your story telling! You've got to tell your brothers so they can all be proud! :)
Come on she was just having a little fun!The Colony isn't the same with all of us gone. We miss her sooooo much. Rocks and all. It was so good to hear her voice and Trey loved talking to her. After he got of the phone he kept telling me when he is spiderman he will shoot his webs and bring her back to us. If only it was that easy. Give her a big hug from us and tell her we love and miss her tons. Can't wait to see you in NOv.Tell then keep the posts coming, and remember we miss and love you all.
Ok I was cracking up just picturing you throwing rocks at her. That was hilarious. You might have to try it some day... I won't call child services, don't worry ;)
I am so sorry for saying this but that is FUNNY!!! I never ever did that and really do not know anybody that has ever broken a window by throwing a rock. Like Amanda says she must have a good arm on her! Anyway, I like the trowing rocks at your kids part, you are so funny!
Post a Comment