Hoy, a la iglesia, yo di un discurso. Lo fue una experiencia buena. Yo aprendi mucho.
For the past two weeks I had been preparing a talk to give today in the Spanish Branch, hence the lack of posting. I kept telling Matthew he needed to post something on the blog, but of course, nothing. So here I am again trying to think of what I'm going to post and I guess I'll just post a little of what I've been doing.
The talk I prepared was on faith. I feel that it is a principle that has really touched home this past year. Whenever I have doubt, I realize that I'm just lacking faith. Whether it be doubt in my mothering skills, doubt in serving in my calling, doubt in our future, doubt in someone else and whatever else it may be, I have had to stop and say to myself, "Hey, have a little more faith."
I'm sure that we can all think of numerous stories where when we showed a little more faith, we received our witness. Just think of how you got to where you're at. (There's a great story in the upcoming Ensign.)
Anyways, I felt very blessed to have had the opportunity to prepare that talk. I have seen how my faith has grown this past year, and what is required of us in order for our faith to be strengthened.
Faith is a principle of action and power and we have to be willing to work, we have to be willing to listen and follow, and we need to heed the promptings of the Spirit.
Sister Beck, the Relief Society President, said at the General Women's Broadcast, that "...if we heed those promptings, we cannot fail"
So there's just a little for ya.
5 comments:
Amen!!! :-) :-) :-)
Very well said!!!
In case I didn't tell you yesterday, Thank you! My lesson for the 14-15 yr. old in Sunday School was on faith and I was able to refer to your talk a lot. They needed to hear it from someone other than myself, so thank you for the help!
I loved that quote in her talk too. It made it into my notes verbatim, which is rare for me. Totally touched my core, because "cannot fail" are some strong words, and the sort you don't hear often these days.
Way to go with the talk! That sounds really hard to me.
You're awesome! I just love how when we talk we have so many of the same ideas. I always enjoy talking with you like we did today!
Looks like the talk was great. This is one of my favorite subjects and part of one of my favorite scriptures in Ether. Isn't it interesting that faith is an action word and just like you said, requires us to do something as well! Love it, thanks for sharing!
It seems to me the people that feel like they need to be having more faith are usually some of the most faithful ones. You are a great example to me Chels, and I know you are to so many others as well.
Post a Comment