When I was deciding whether or not to do a blog, it came down to two things, if I do a blog Matthew's family can stay updated with pictures and all, (my family already has a website) and then we can have a family journal and eventually make a tactile journal of it. So here we are with a blog that doesn't really have any "journal entries". Whenever I think what am I going to post on our blog, I feel hesitant to share my experiences, thoughts, feelings, etc. because I don't really think people want to read them and I sort of like to keep them to myself. But all our blog is going to be is another photo album.
So, here goes my first journal entry:
March 15, 2008
Dear Blog..........just kidding
Lately when I think of journals, I think of the talk that Elder Eyring gave last conference about journals and seeing the hand of the Lord in his life or the lives of his family. Over and over throughout the day, I see the hand of the Lord in my life and this particular day was about 2 weeks ago. It was after the "I'm tired" post and it was the same thing almost every mom has gone through or will go through. The baby hadn't slept more than 3 hours at a time for 2 weeks and the 2 nights previous she hadn't slept more than 2 hours at a time and she slept in my arms. And you know if your baby is sleeping in 3 hour intervals your not actually getting 3 hours of sleep. Anyways, I had gotten sick and had a fever of 102 for 3 days and I couldn't even keep my eyes open. Yes, my husband had to save me and he took care of the kids while I slept for 3 days straight, oh and he was sick too. We were slowly getting better, but of course our girls got sick too and you know how that goes...still no sleep.
By the end of all this, Matthew and I were EXHAUSTED!! I had tried to put the baby down for bed for the third time and I went to bed and just laid down when the baby started crying again. Noooooo, please, no. I was about to break down into tears because it was just too much. I said Heavenly Father, please, please........and as soon as I had said that, the baby stopped crying, just like that. I was amazed Then I thanked Heavenly Father then passed out, not really, I just went to sleep.
I was so grateful and it is a lesson that I continue to learn. Ask and ye shall receive, knock and it shall be opened unto you. In all our worries and trials, the Lord says, "Ask".
I know sometimes that we don't always remember the Lord, but he always remembers us and knows what we can handle and sometimes just needs us to ask.
Another thought that I had was that I know the Lord is supposed to be part of our marriage and that we are all his children. It had never occurred to me, in that sense, that he takes care of our children too, just like he's part of our marriage.
I'm grateful for all that the Lord blesses us with and His hand in my life and the lives of my family. We all know we couldn't be without Him.
7 comments:
I don't know if it is the pregnancy hormones or what, but you totally made me get teary eyed over that.
I love how you have pointed out that the lord will help us take care of our kids too. That is so true. And who better to ask for help from with such a big job than him.
Parenthood can be exhausting. Yet we all can't get enough of it.
That was very sweet.
so very Cute
yes, people do care about your thoughts and experiences. I do!
Some things are nice to keep to yourself, but sometimes your experiences can help someone else. Thanks for sharing, Chels!
Ummm....I think you should blog. I care about your feelings. We are going through a lot of the same things with our little ones. Thanks for sharing!
Your comments reminded me of Elder Bednar's talk on the "tender mercies" of the Lord. How wonderful it is to know that He listens & is always mindful of our needs & situations. Love ya!
hey thanks for sharing and thanks for talking with me the other day... its good to have friends to relate to and learn from.
Reading this was touching! It really did make me think and realise that the lord seriously knows us and cares about all the little things in our lives that sometimes we think are minimal to him. I am so happy to have read this. It really makes me want to start journaling more and writing down experiences like this particular one. In a way I feel it is a way of thanking and noticing the things the lord does for us on such a regular basis. I love ya Bels and thanks for your beautiful post.
Post a Comment