(These pictures are taken during the first and second weeks of her life)
Sariah Ku'u momi makamae Luz
Sariah: Princess of the Lord
Ku'u momi makamae: My Precious Pearl or beloved person
This is the Hawaiian equivalent of Margaret, after her Aunt and Great Grandma.
Margaret: The ultimate derivation of this name which means pearl is from the Persian meaning born of moonlight. The ancient Persians believed that oysters rose from their beds at night to worship the moon, and as they reached the surface of the water they opened their shells and took in a drop of dew which was transformed by moonbeams into a pearl. The Hawaiian word for pearl in MOMI and the phrase KU'U MOMI MAKAMAE means my precious pearl or a beloved person.
Luz: Light (in Spanish)
This little dear was born Nov. 30, 2012 @12:44pm
I was induce 10 days before her due date, Dec. 10, 2012
She was 7lbs. and 8 oz. and 19 inches long.
It was a very peaceful enjoyable delivery. I went in early, at about 2am instead of at 6am. I had been contracting for days and we finally decided to go because for 3 hours my contractions wouldn't stop and they were consistent and painful, but not super painful. So I called the nurse at the hospital and they said to just come in and if nothing was happening, they would just keep my until it was time to induce me in the morning. When I got to the hospital, everything stopped. No more contractions and I really hadn't even progressed. The contractions must have just been stress.
A few hours later, @ 6am, they started me on the Pitocin and everything progressed nicely. I got an epidural around 9am. The block from the epidural was from the waist down and I was able to feel everything in my abdomen. It wasn't painful until just before it was time to push. The baby came out in one and a half contractions and the pain was gone. I then had a precious little girl sitting on my chest who accepted my embraced and settled right in. The doctor and nurses let me hold her as long as I wanted.
Each time my beautiful babies have come into this world I have been overwhelmed with love, amazement and joy. My heart is so full and I want nothing more than to love that child as our Heavenly Father does.
I am so thankful for yet another opportunity to have such a precious soul entrusted to me and my husband.
I love you my sweet baby.
1 comment:
What an awesome name. The meanings are just beautiful!
Post a Comment