Not much happening here. We're slowly getting on a schedule and finding a new normal.
After coming home from the hospital and her initial exhaustion from being born, she ate every 1.5 hours. At about 6 weeks, she was up to 3 hours between feedings. Now at 9 weeks, there have been a few times where she has gone 4 hours. She is a good sleeper, just hungry. There have been just a few nights where she hasn't slept. One night, at about 7 weeks, I was exhausted and Daddy had to take over. He was so willing. I just woke him up and he took the baby and he rocked her for the next 3 hours, and even took care of Kanani, who woke up with leg pain around 2am.
Life is a little foggy for awhile, but I feel like we're coming out of the fog. We have moved on from survival mode, but not quite to that thriving mode.
Yesterday as the day part of the the day was coming to an end, right before it was time to start dinner, I sat holding the baby, rocked her to sleep and then put her down in her crib. Then I headed outside to play a little soccer with the girls. It was a good time, and warm enough to be outside, about 59. Then little Sariah woke up and since, I wanted to spend time with the other girls, she screamed in her crib for a few minutes, and when I picked her up she was so upset. Anyway, the evening goes on....and as Matthew and I are trying to get dinner made, girls bathed, dividing meat for the freezer, taking calls and trying to calm a baby, I thought,
"Man, 4 kids are kicking our butts!"
Then Matthew and I just laughed.
Life is good! We are blessed and we are happy!
1 comment:
So jealous that your babies have chubby cheeks :)
Post a Comment