
I decided it was time for my once every 2 year post on the blog. Last night was kind of crazy with getting off work a little late, getting dinner ready, then going to a school performance for Aleah. After her performance we came home and I told the girls if they did a good job taking a bath and getting PJ's on then we could have a treat. They were determined to go fast and finish their bath time. I was drying them off with their towels and Aleah right away got her PJs on and went off to the kitchen to look for her treat.
Nani was still trying to decide what to wear. I tried helping her along, but she just told me that things are not fair. I explained to her that if she wanted a treat she needed to get dressed fast or there wasn't going to be time for a treat because it will be bedtime. Then she looked at me with those big, sad, brown eyes and said , "Daddy, it's not fair that we aren't fairies. If we were fairies we could say Bippity Boppity Boo and then our clothes would be on. It's just not fair that we're not fairies. We could go much faster." I didn't know what to say to that so I agreed with her that it wasn't fair and she was happy again and put her PJs on with enough time to have a treat.
I love all my little girls. They are so fun to be with and they definitely brighten my day.
Nani was still trying to decide what to wear. I tried helping her along, but she just told me that things are not fair. I explained to her that if she wanted a treat she needed to get dressed fast or there wasn't going to be time for a treat because it will be bedtime. Then she looked at me with those big, sad, brown eyes and said , "Daddy, it's not fair that we aren't fairies. If we were fairies we could say Bippity Boppity Boo and then our clothes would be on. It's just not fair that we're not fairies. We could go much faster." I didn't know what to say to that so I agreed with her that it wasn't fair and she was happy again and put her PJs on with enough time to have a treat.
I love all my little girls. They are so fun to be with and they definitely brighten my day.
6 comments:
:-) :-) :-)
I love their innocence and how simple things are to them. I do agree though...it's not fair we aren't fairies!
This is precious! I love the simplicity of the childs mind! SO SWEET!
I feel the same way! Where's my wand :)
Now that she points it out.... I'm feeling pretty ripped off too....
Sometimes I feel like my kids think I am a fairy and that when they ask for something all I should need to do is wave a magic wand and get it for them right away. Maybe I will try nani's logic on them next time and see how it goes over... :)
Very sweet!
Post a Comment