The other day, on the way to church, I was thinking of a particular person with whom I am very close to. As I thought about her, I was reminded of a trial she faces everyday and the burden and great responsibility of that trial. In reflection, I was taken back to a particular moment in which this person so deeply expressed how challenging the struggle can be sometimes.
I thought of my own responsibilities and the burden that comes with those, and for a small moment, I felt my eyes and my heart open, and I had a small glimpse of the burden she carries.
After church, on the drive home, my heart felt full and I wanted to express my love for that friend. Later that day, I was able to have a conversation with her and to share my experience. In doing, it proved to me, to be a reminder from Heavenly Father just how loved we are.
That day was especially challenging for my friend and I felt that in the moments of her struggle, I was able to have my love deepen and grow for her because I was allowed to understand her pain a little deeper.
Heavenly Father loves us and knows us. Sometimes we feel forgotten in our trials, but it seems, in these times, He especially extends His love, and reaches out to us.
At first glance, it would appear that my friend was the one who needed that extension of love and the reminder that we are not forgotten. But in reality, I feel that I was the one who was greatly blessed and needed to be reminded.

6 comments:
So glad you're in tune enough to have experiences like this! (And to record them!)
:-) :-) :-)
Thank you for sharing!!!!
Beautifully worded!
You are such a good person, and friend. I love how well you said it! Thanks for sharing.
You're truly amazing! I love you!!
I'm proud to be one of your friends -- you always lift me to a place where I shine bighter.
Post a Comment