Friday, December 11, 2009

up and coming Beautician

Aleah has officially tried out her hair cutting skills.
She gave a few barbies, Nani and herself a haircut. I knew sooner or later it was bound to happen. Luckily it was a rather good job and she refrained from cutting off a ponytail.

Gave this barbie some layers.

Wow, going for a little more of an artistic look here.

There were 2 other barbies with a haircuts, but one was just the head, so we threw that one away, and the other, you can barely even tell.

Now, for Nani, she has some bangs. Sometimes they look funny, but for the most part she wears them pretty cute! It must be that squishy kissable face!



Not too bad eh?
I guess Aleah is for hire, any takers?
(btw, no pics of Aleah's haircut because you can really tell unless we separate the hair she did cute from the uncut hair)
Oh, and yes, both I and Matthew were home and so naive. Aleah and Nani will often get something set up, or get dressed, and not want us to see until they're all ready. I guess it was the same in this case too. Several times we were told by Aleah and Kanani,
"Don't look yet, don't come down stairs."
So we didn't.
We found out the barbies had their hair cut when we went to clean up the toys in the basement, but still didn't notice their hair was cut. It was until a little while later when we were eating dinner that I was looking at Aleah and noticed a few strands of hair look freshly cut.
So there you have it.


10 comments:

Em said...

Well.... it could have been a lot worse! Hopefully it won't happen again.....

Anita &; Mike Miller said...

The hair cuts on the dolls are interesting. Nani looks fine. The skirts are pretty and I like the turkey hunting idea.

Missy said...

Oh my, oh my, oh my! :-)

Krystal said...

I think she did pretty good! If that is as bad as it gets with the cutting of the hair by your little ones you are lucky!

Stacia said...

Love it! Aleah, I will hire you to cut ALL our Barbies' hair when they start complaining of split ends.

Mashaide said...

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later. Did they get in trouble for cutting their hair? I know Sora's looked funny for a while and she is still growing it out because it was on the top of her head near the front. Every time I do her hair I ask what the heck is this and why won't it fit in with the rest of the hair. That's when I remember she cut it a while back and it's still trying to play catch up with the rest of her long hair. What is it with kids, scissors and cutting their own hair? I guess it could have been a lot worse. =0)

Chell said...

What a little stinker. Glad it wasn't a massive cutting spree...

Amanda said...

Not too bad...at all. Thankfully she gave the 'artistic' cut to the barbie and not to herself or Nani. The bangs are really not bad at all though. How funny. But is scares me to think that one day my daughter may be doing the same...I guess all girls do sooner or later.

Leila said...

How funny! Your girls are so wonderful. Miss you all.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I totally agree with Amanda on this one, I can not say this better.
Congrats on a new milestone :)