Monday, April 20, 2009

First Haircut!!

Little miss Aleah was needing a hair cut because the ends were nasty. She's never had her hair cut and I was always worried to do it because I didn't want her to think of scissors and hair together. I know almost every kid probably cuts their own hair or a sibling's, but I did not want Aleah to do it. Anyways, last week I cut her hair and she was very cooperative and very talkative. To me, it's noticeably shorter, but I don't think others can really tell.
There you have it. It was sort of hard for me, you know being a mom and cutting your little girl's hair.......sigh, it still makes me a little sad, but I stayed strong and didn't cry. Sooner or later, it was going to have to happen.











(I know Krystal, when you see this, you're going to die and say, "Why did you cut her hair?!!!")

9 comments:

Em said...

Dang you're lucky.
Only 1 haircut in over 3 years?
I want a girl.

Chell said...

Wow it was her first hair cut? I am impressed!!

Krystal said...

So tell me again why you did it?!!! I mean it looks cute, but how come you did so much. It's still long, but when I saw that picture of all her hair on the ground I wanted to cry... Really it is cute, and I guess if you only do it ever three years or so I can handle that. But remember not very many girls get blessed with long beautiful hair like Aleah, so lets keep it long. Like I have any say, but you know I really love her hair. She beautiful all the time, hair done, hair a mess, etc..., but I must say I'm still shocked and now I'm just talking to be talking, shock does that to you! I love how happy she is while she's getting it done. Makes me remember the sad day Trey cut his hair. I guess next to that day this hair cut is almost as shocking. None the less though she's still a princess! Now Aleah the next time mommy goes to cut your hair call Krystal... ha ha!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Still long and beautiful and seriously you are like Suzie Home Maker you do EVERYTHING yourself. I need to learn to be more like a Chelsea! Cute little girl!

The Skinners said...

Well when you are trying to make the ends healthy... you have to think back to three years worth of trims! So you did the right thing. But from now on just barely trim it every few months so Krystal wont die of shock anymore! Just kidding! It looks beautiful still! Shes a pretty little girl!

E n D said...

You did such a good job and honestly, it doesn't look shorter even though you cut a lot off!

Amanda said...

Way to be tough Chels! That will be a hard moment for me too. But I think you made the right call. And don't they say when you cut it it just grows faster? So it will grow back in no time at all!

Dacia said...

That's crazy. Kalin just had her first haircut this year too! I guess I waited longer than you :) She's still a beauty and so is her hair!!!

Anita &; Mike Miller said...

She looks great and I know it was hard to cut her hair.