Friday, March 27, 2009

Quick trip

Last Sat. we made a quick trip to New York to go to the Manhattan Temple. It was a pretty quick drive and everything went pretty good. I had a moment that I nearly used some sign language and almost said a few words that wouldn't be appropriate for a Temple goer, but I got over and let it go, almost as fast as it arose.
We went with our friends, Arthur's Adventures, and we had a good time. We went to the book store, to hide from the breeze and chill in the air, read some fun books in the children's section and had a breakfast snack. Then we made our way to Central Park and then back to the temple.
We didn't end up doing anything else because I didn't prepare our kids for it. It was a lot colder than we expected, so I think everyone was ready to go. On the way home we stopped by Famous Dave's! YUM! We sure do like that place!



Quick note: while playing at the park, Nani got knocked over by a kid going down the slide and she had a mouth full of sand, which she gladly chewed and ate. But the best part of it was, the mom of the kid who knocked her over, said she was a doctor and offered to check Kanani for any injuries. To which Matthew quickly replied,
"I'm a successful lawyer and I know how to check for injuries too. Thank you."
Okay, I'm totally joking about Matthew's reply. It would've been funny. Really we just said,
"She's fine. She's just eating sand. No harm done." (in a very nice, non-sarcastic tone. We weren't mad at all. We should have moved her further away from the slide.)

6 comments:

Amanda said...

What a cool little trip to take. That is nice that you two were able to get away to the temple and neat that your kiddo's got to run around central park. I forget how close you guys are to new york.

E n D said...

Thanks for a fun trip! I'm glad we went!

Em said...

Oh, that WOULD have been funny!

Mashaide said...

You're so funny Bels. It would have been great to see her reaction.

Dacia said...

Yummy sand! That would have cracked me up if Matthew had said that.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

How cool is it that you live that close that you can take a day trip to New York! That is super duper cool to me! Glad you had a fun time and I would have died if Matthew had said that!