Monday, February 9, 2009

Super Model


For FHE tonight, Aleah shared her talent of struttin' her stuff. She walked the runway tonight. We played some music while she walked down the hall and Matthew described the outfit, the designer and the model.
Really I wanted her to show Daddy the coat that I transformed from the "just too homemade looking" to "good enough to wear" category.
Before Christmas I found these cool vintage patterns at the thrift store for 50 cents each and I had started this coat for Aleah. I almost finished it and then put it on her. I took one look and said, "Oh, my poor homemade-ness. You cannot wear that thing." I was so bummed about it and all the time I spent on it. I didn't want to just throw it away so I decided to get it out today and tried my best to make it wearable. So keep in mind when you look at it, it looks better than it did. I have to put the lining in the sleeves still, but other than that, it's done! Yay! Now I can move on to my next project feeling like I can still sew something.

Her creative/expressive modeling.




9 comments:

Missy said...

What a super model!!!! :-) I think the sweater looks very stylin'! :-) With her jeans & purse she looks like she's ready for a night out on the town!!! (or an afternoon of shopping with the ladies!!!) :-)

Kendra said...

I think it is a darling coat!! What are you talking about just good enough to wear. Good job:) She is darling!

Olayan Family said...

Are you kidding me? You are so talented! If I saw it at the store I would by it for my little ones. Love the expressive pic of Aleah.

Krystal said...

Ok so really I love it! She looks so cute in the picture with the jeans. I wish I had one, or needed one for that matter in AZ! I was thinking the other day how I wish I still lived by you for many reasons really, but the one that came to mind was because your not afraid to do anything. When the world goes crazy your the type that will get out there and take it on, and then come home and be able to make you kids/family clothing. Your a real women, and not very many of us can say that. YOu know what I mean. So good job, I wish I had those skills, I think Im going to need them for these last days!

Mashaide said...

How fun is that! She certainly has the looks to be an outstanding model. Oh and the jacket is way cute! I wonder what it looked like before?

Dacia said...

You are such a silly girl! You are a mega talented seamstress! I would have just thrown it away (done that before!), but you got it back out and made it FABULOUS!! Good for you! Love you super talented one!

Em said...

Oh, you rock!

The Blandon's said...

I love the jacket. I think it looks great! Good job Chelsea!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

That jacket is so cute, I would NEVER be able to make something like that and I LOVE HER ATTITUDE and quite the model she is that is for sure!