
There is no prompt for this Friday, it's a free forum. So I thought I'd share one of the quotes she shared.
When a husband and wife both want their partner to receive life’s best before they do, you have a marriage that’s going to exceed every wedding day dream. Their love not only lasts; it continually grows. — Gary Smalley
When I read this quote, I immediately thought of Matthew. This was one of the reasons I decided to marry him. From the day that I met him, he was genuinely interested in me, my life and my needs. When we started dating, he asked me everyday if there was something I needed or if there was something he could do for me. EVERYDAY. At first, I as surprised by it, then flattered, and then I realized he sincerely cared about my needs. Then one day, during one of those wonderful DTR's (define the relationship talk), he didn't express himself too well. Later, I come to find out that he didn't care if his heart got broken, all he wanted was for me to be happy and for me to get what I wanted. He was willing to sacrifice his own heart for the happiness of mine.
Throughout our marriage he has continued to do his best to make sure I receive "life's best", even before he does.
Matthew has taught me so much about love, through his actions, his patience and his example. I am grateful to have such a loving spouse who, unintentionally, teaches me so gently.
My Husband Rocks!
6 comments:
Absolutely beautiful! I think I love you too Matt. =0) I couldn't ask for a better man to love and care for my sister. Thank you sincerely.
Ah, love memories like that! (drama)
What an AWESOME hubby you have!!! Must be the name he was given, Matthew ;) We love you too Matthew!
WOW I LOVE that quote and love every single word you said about your husband and your relationship! You can tell you two are truly happy! There are so many couples out there that do not have what you guys have! I feel SO BLESSED to know that I have a relationship just like that as well. I love reading that and not being jealous because I know how it feels to be that happy! I am so glad we all found the perfect spouse for ourselves!!! Way to pick a winner Bels!
Your husband does rock. When I think about it, whenever he is around the whole fam, he is trying to see what he can do to make it easier for everyone else. You two are a dynamic duo! Both peacemakers!
Yep he is a keeper. I am glad you found someone who loves you so fully and that you recognize and appreciate it..
Post a Comment