Sunday, February 15, 2009

MHR and this past week

I missed the My Husband Rocks post because we were sick and I didn't want to miss the GREAT NEWS post. I guess I didn't totally miss it, My Husband Rock because he passed his huge-ole-ma-jugle test! Yay! I love you Matthew! And a Happy late Valentine's Day!
Here's a little of not much from this past week.

A lot of this at 1,2,3...in the morning this week. I can't remember how anyone survives a newborn.

Aleah after changing Kanani's diaper.
I know she's only 3 and a half, but she's a great helper and she wants to do those things. So I do my best to teach her and then let her do her thing.
(Believe it or not, Kanani sits more still for Aleah, than she does for me or Matthew)


One night Kanani was trying so hard to be like Mommy and Daddy by resting her feet on the coffee table while sitting on the couch. It wasn't too easy for her so we moved the table closer, and here you have it. A "I'm so proud of myself" little grin on a cute little girl!



Here is Aleah again, being the wonderful big sister that she is. I was doing the dishes one morning and went to check on the girls, and this is what I found. Too precious.
Sometimes Aleah comforts Kanani and holds her when Kanani bonks her head or something scares her, like the vacuum or when they turn the TV up really loud.
Oh, but Aleah does make sure to pick on her too, as does Kanani to Aleah.



Oh, I just have to mention one last thing, Matthew rescued me again(almost a year ago) and stayed home Thursday morning because I'm was feeling so hOrRiBlE! If I had a picture of that moment of relief, it would be me jumping off the couch, running to Matthew, after he came back through the door, throwing my arms around his neck, telling him that he was my hero, and then going to bed. Okay, so it's more like a series or pictures. MHR!!

7 comments:

Mashaide said...

I just love all those captured moments! What beautiful girls.

Mashaide said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacia said...

Hope you start feeling better. We all missed you yesterday!

Em said...

Hope you are ALL feeling better! February is rotten.

Dacia said...

What a cute big sister Aleah is, so precious how she helps with Nani.

Nani is too cute with her feet up on the table.

And Matthew is a hero isn't he!

Amanda said...

Someone in my family has been sick for the past month, so I know what you are going through...and I am so sorry. Hopefully everyone is getting better. Nice to see lots of little girl smiles still!

em said...

I've been in your boat the past few days, too--my sick toddler has been the one keeping me up all night while my newborn slept 8 hours straight last night!

I'm glad you made sure to mention that the girls pick on each other, in addition to the nicety. Otherwise I wouldn't believe they were real :)

PS: Can you send Aleah over to my place at about 4:30 am to change Nano's diaper? Thanks.