Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Stresses of everyday life

Elder L. Tom Perry in his talk in the first session on conference said that we're not suppose to let the stresses of everyday life get to us. When I was listening to that again, I had to do a double take with my ears to make sure that's what he really said. I replayed that part over and over. I know that this probably sounds crazy, but it never dawned on me before that I'm not supposed to let all the things going on and all my responsibilities stress me out. I always kind of thought that if I had a lot to deal with or lot that I had to get done, that it was okay to be stressed. But Elder Perry says that we are to remain optimistic and hope. ( My husband is such a great example to me.) I didn't realize when I get stressed out, I'm being neither optimistic or hopeful. So there's an eye opener for me and I tried to remember it all day. And since this post is at the end of the day, I'll say I did a pretty good job, but then again, tomorrow is another day. Everyday we have to make our choices and sometimes we don't realize that we are even making choices and we're just acting. So here's to stopping and thinking before I act.

1 comment:

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I totally thought that it was just ok to stress too, I mean doesn't everyone, but it is nice to look at it in a new way. We do not need to stress at all. Good job on thinking before you act, I really need to work on that quite a bit more!