Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Enjoy the Journey



What more can be said about that. Enjoy the journey. You've heard it a million times, your kids aren't going to be little forever. I can't remember at the moment who during confrenece shared the story of his dad taking him and his brother to the circus. It was all planned and his dad got a phone call in which he discovered he was needed in town. His boys were set to hear the disappointing news, but to the their surprise, their dad said
"No, it's going to have to wait."
He went into the other room where his wife said,
"The circus will be back"
and he replied,
"But childhood won't."
So there you have it, not word for word and without the greatness of the rest of the talk leading up to it, but point made.

Enjoy your munchkins and remember to give them some extra loving, because they won't always be munchkins.

( I know this quote covers much more than this, but you say what you can.)

5 comments:

Missy said...

I LOVE the pics!!!! Oh, I wish I could be there, too!!! :-) :-) I can't believe how fast the girls are growing up! It just makes my day seeing the pictures!!!

Thanks for your conference thoughts, too! I do appreciate reading your comments. Conference was so awesome!!! The greatest news: a temple in Italy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the hot topic on our mission group site & there are several groups, too. What a great announcement!!!
Love you guys!!!

Dacia said...

You're such a great mom and an awesome sister! Love you!

Val said...

Way to say it Chels! Thanks for the insight! I love to read your blog because you're so inspiring! Oh and your girls are so stinkin cute I love to see what pics you post.

Krystal said...

I agree 100%. I try really hard to live each moment to the fullest. Now that life is so busy, and we are in the real world, it's hard to get some real true family time. You know were you're not running around and doing your "to do list". I love that story,so thanks for the reminder. I needed it. One thing I love about you is that you always seem to make it fun even when there really is nothing to do. Thats one of the things I miss. I miss you guys so much. Tell the girls HI.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

LOVE IT!!! Love the point and I think there are many people that need to be reminded of that. Not you or anything but I think it is a good thing to realise and cherish even during the rough times in life. I am not yet a mom but I am already trying to teach myself now to enjoy every moment I have with my children. Because I really realise how blessed families are to have little ones!