A week ago I was having a conversation with a couple friends and discovered that it may not be entirely normally for it to take an hour to 2 hours to fall asleep every night. When Matthew goes to bed, he hits the pillow and he's out. Me, it takes at least an hour, sometimes 2, and there are several wakings throughout the night. I'm not sure why. I have theories. Anyways, I just have to say, last night was the best sleep I have had in awhile! So for those of you who may be reading this, I am going to ask if you would just make a quick comment, even if you never comment on any blogs, please humor me. Just comment and say on average, what time you go to sleep, how long it takes you to fall asleep and how long you sleep.
(Thank you for participating in my experiment.)
10 comments:
My sleeping pattern for the past several weeks has been going to bed between 11-12 & getting up between 7-7:30. Typically it's been 11:30-7:30. For the past several weeks, once my head hits the pillow, it has probably taken about maybe 10 mins. to go to sleep. Every once in a while, though, I go through a cycle where I can't get to sleep. This happened probably about a month ago. I can be dead tired & can't fall asleep. Then it may take an hour, hour & 1/2. I hate it when that happens. This happens to me every several months.
On work nights I TRY to go to bed at 10:30 and it probably takes me about a half hour to fall asleep. On non-work nights, I just go to bed whenever I get tired. Either way, I try to get 8 or 9 hours of sleep. BUT, just like Missy, I go through cycles where it takes me forever to fall asleep, it's so frustrating!
I go to bed around 11ish, sometimes a little earlier, sometimes closer to midnight. I have to be feeling VERY tired by the time I lay down or it will take me and hour or two to fall asleep. But if I am tired enough it only takes about 15-20 mins. And I would sleep about 7 hrs a night. This is all pre-Kellen of course.
Todd is asleep before he even hits the pillow...it is so annoying! :)
You know what a night owl I am! I try to go to bed before midnight, but usually it's more like 1 or 2am. I get up around 7:15am. I don't know what I run on, but I'm not tired once I'm awake and going about my day. Must be an Olayan thing! Anyway, since I go to bed so late, I usually fall right asleep. Just this week I went to bed at 11:30pm and I flopped in bed for quite sometime trying to fall asleep. That's what happens when I try to go to bed at a normal hour! :) Sorry, I'm so not normal!
I go to bed around midnight - 2 am. Being a night owl is an Olayan thing. Most of the time I have no problem falling asleep. It's only when I am in a creative mode that I can lay there for hours eyes closed. Sometimes I just get back up again. Also, if I have had plenty of rest I can't fall asleep at night. I have to exhaust myself.
Bedtime: 11:00 (I never can get to sleep earlier than that.)
Fall Asleep: 11:30
Wake up: 7:00
Good luck with your experiment!
I would have to say I try to go to bed between 10:30 and 11:00 pm but end up staying up as long as my husband because I like to spend time with him. Even if he sits on the couch watching sports highlights or news. I try to wake up with him in the mornings which is ususally around 6:00 am but sometimes lay in bed for another 30 mins or so. Usually when I go to bed it only takes me 10 mins or so to fall asleep. It's only when I am stressed or thinking about all the things I need to get done (or drink caffeine or an energy drink)that I can't sleep and it takes me hours to fall asleep. Which happens quite often. Rocky falls asleep as soon as his head hits the pillow. He only needs about 4-6 hours of sleep. But I just can't function clearly without enough sleep any more. I think that's why I haven't been able to do many art projects (like drawing) because I used to do that at 1 or 2 am in the morning when I felt the most creative. I need about 6-8 hrs of sleep to be at my best.
Lets see it takes me a good hour to fall asleep usually closer to 2 so if I finally make it to bed by 11:10 or 12 I am still up till at least 1 sometimes 2. Then I wake up 2-3 times a night before waking up for good at 7AM (Although I tend to sty in bed fror another 30 minutes or so) man I wish I could fall asleep and stay asleep...
Well, since I was THERE for this conversation...
I usually go to bed between 10:30 and midnight.
It takes me 1-3 hours to fall asleep.
I wake up whenever Oliver starts hollering for me loud enough to wake me.... 8-10am.
For some reason I seem to get my best sleep between 3am-9am.
And Mr Renn can't keep his eyes open past 8am on any given night. It's an issue in our marriage, how about that?
I go to bed on school nights between 9:30-10:00 pm and I wake up at 4:30 am. It takes me about 2 min to fall asleep. I'm sorry it takes you so long!
Post a Comment