Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Knight in Shining Armor

Okay, so I said I was tired, everyone thanks for the love. But now I have to tell you how amazing my husband is. You know that phrase that goes something like this, "He never ceases to amaze me", well that's how I feel about Matthew. Before he left yesterday morning, I said, "Maybe you should stay home and watch the girls today." He said, "Okay", but I don't think he took me seriously, because 30 min. later he proceeded to say, "I have to go, I love you, bye".
The baby fianlly went back to sleep at 8 and I couldn't believe it, Aleah still wasn't awake. Then I started to close my eyes, and the baby starts crying, but falls back asleep, then the matinence man knocks on the door, and the baby wakes again and falls back asleep and then Aleah wakes up. But that's okay because at least if the baby wakes up again, then she has someone to take care of her, oh and she takes of herself too. Anyways, before the baby went back to sleep, I called Matthew and said that I was hurt that he ignored my plea for help, but that I understood he had stresses at school and people who depend on him there. I asked if there was anyway he could come home. He didn't sound very happy about it, so I said forget it, we'll survive. Then at about 11:30, while I was passed out on the couch I heard the keys unlocking the door.... it was my wonderful husband! I woke up and told him thank you and asked how he was able to come home, he said "I worked it out. Go sleep in the bedroom. I love you"
Okay, how many husbands would do that? Well, it doesn't really matter. I just know that Matthew is amazing. He took care of the girls all day, he made dinner, went to the grocery store, did a load of laundry, made cookies, cleaned up and never woke me up once for anything.
Simply amazing! Richard and Wilma, you have raised such a wonder of a son. I love him!!
You mean the world to me Matthew, but I won't confess my love here.

9 comments:

Em said...

That is very sweet, and tricky with carpools and such. Lucky girl.

p.s. "shining"

The Perry family said...

thanks em

amyorr said...

Oh man. What a sweetie. I'm sick and I asked D to stay home and he said no....I was hoping for a Matthew appearance. I am hoping tomorrow he can stay. We'll see. Maybe you will see a post tomorrow on the same thing. Get some sleep!

The Blandon's said...

How sweet! He is a definitely a keeper! I am so impressed, those cookies were delicious.
Cute blog!

Brock and Tyra said...

Hey, it's good to see you. You're girls are so big and beautiful!

Brock comes in to rescue me sometimes, too, always at that moment when I CANNOT go on. And it always makes you appreciative. But why can't they come in BEFORE the point of complete breakdown? Life would be a lot more comfortable that way...

E n D said...

Way to go Matt!
I love the blog, by the way. Good job Chels!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

What a cute and touching post, that is way sweet of him to come home and rescue you like a Knight in Shining Armor. Seriously so sweet, especially that he went above and beyond with all the other things he did for you. You seriously have an amazing husband that loves you. Great picking.

Amanda said...

Awww, Your man is so darn good to you. That is so very sweet. You are lucky to have a hubby that loves you so much and gives you what you need. Cute!

Ashley H. said...

What a cute guy. I have to tell you that I was in lab by him when he was trying to work everything out to go home. I didn't know why he had to go, but I figured it was something to do with you. i thought...what a good husband he is. Cute blog by-the-way!