When we were in San Diego a few weeks ago, we went to the Del Mar Fair, or now known as the San Diego County fair. One of the first things the girls saw on the way in was a Pony ride. They both got excited about it and both said they wanted to ride it. I thought pft, right.
My girls are absurdly afraid of animals, I thought surely there was no way they'd get on those. We walked on and told them that on our way out of the fair, if they really wanted to and would get on the pony I'd pay the outrageous price of $7 a kid.
Throughout the day, the girls kept asking to ride the pony. After all the food we ate, all the rides we went on, after looking at animals, we came past the pony again and they still wanted to ride them. So, I reluctantly hand over the money, wondering if they're really going to get on. Luckily there was a sign that said you could haven your $ back if your child would not get on the pony. But when it came time for their turn, there was no problem at all. No convincing or anything. I don't get it. Nani got on the pony and right away said, "Yee Haw!"
Ponies are much cooler than dogs, cats, hamsters, etc, but they're way bigger. I just don't get it. Anyway, I was very proud of the girls for riding the ponies and loving it!


I asked her to say "Yee Haw" again, just so I could have it on camera.

2 comments:
They were so brave!
WOW!!!! I agree w/ Dacia, they are SO brave. They've done something I've NEVER done!!!!!! Kanani's "yee-haw" cracked me up! So stinkin' cute! And Aleah is just becoming the little lady. :-)
Post a Comment