Monday, June 28, 2010

girls' room

When we moved, the girls' room was our first priority. It was a bold royal blue, that was not fun to paint! We redid the baseboard to match the crown molding and we still have to replace the door and the frame around the door. I bought bunk beds, made the quilts, and made the bean bags for their little reading corner. There's still some things to be hung, like hooks behind the door, some vinyl above each bed and the girls' silhouettes in the oval frames.
I'm going to make little stuffed animals for the shelves and decorative pillows for the beds with the same fabric as the bean bags and quilts.
But for now, this is all that's done.
Here are a few pics.



as you open the door



reading corner

bean bags




the beds and quilt tops




the sheer curtains which make it so light and breezy



we took off the closet doors and hung white curtains with sheer curtains over it to match the nice breezy feel, but also covers the clothes in the closet




the wall that the door is on.

The girls' room is my favorite place in the house. It's so peaceful, light and airy. I feel like a breeze blows through every time I walk in there.





4 comments:

em said...

I love it!! Great color choices! And those quilts look amazing! Can't wait to see the rest of the house.

Missy said...

The room looks great!!!!! I'm sure they'll have tons of fun in the room!!!! :-)

Amanda said...

So adorable! Every single inch of it! I love it. I would never have thought to do such a bold blue and it really looks great! I love the quilts and continue to be blown away at your talent in creating such masterpieces, as well as your talent to find the time and energy to make all this stuff.

Stacia said...

Are you sure you're not an HGTV star? The style you have is so chic and fresh.