Monday, January 11, 2010

Elf yourself

For our ward Christmas party we had a talent show. As a family we tried to do the Elf yourself e-card. You know what I'm talking about, right? Where the elves dance around with killer moves? With sweet Christmas music? If not, google it. (too lazy to link it myself)
Anyway, I snapped this pic while we were trying to practice. Crazy little elf girls!
(Shaz: I didn't make the outfits, just added to some regular clothes. Girls had the skirts, bought the socks, some clearance shirts that are inside out with a felt collar sewn on, belts we made out of felt and some trim, and the hats were from last year's Christmas pjs.)
Too bad we don't have a pic with all of us.
Oh, it didn't go so well at the talent show. Aleah decided she didn't want to do it and clung on the Matthew. Which means Matthew couldn't really dance, even though he tried. He flung Aleah around because she was attached to his leg. Apparently that was the best part of our 50 sec show. Nani tried, it was hard to keep up . Which left me dancing like a fool by myself and trying to help Nani.
We were going to try it over the break with family so they could record it for us, but the weather conditions didn't give us a chance.
Oh well, maybe next year.
Last thing, Matthew was a good sport! He really didn't want to dress up as an elf!





9 comments:

Amanda said...

You have no idea how bad I wish I had a pic of the whole family doing this. But I have to say the first pic of the girls may be my favorite picture of them ever. It is adorable and so fun to see Nani being such a goof! You guys rock. Wish I could have seen it!

Mashaide said...

What a great idea! Although I could never get my husband to dress up as an elf. Matthew is such a good sport! I bet it would have been hilarious if you could have gotten everyone to cooperate but that's how it is with kids. Love the pics of the girls though.

Angela Kahle said...

We loved the elf dance and can't believe how fast you pulled together such a great skit and costumes. Way to go Chelsea!

Sarah said...

Cuteness and so creative. I WISH I could have been there to see you Perrys elf yourselves. That would have been priceless :0)

Dacia said...

SAWEEEET! Wish I could have seen that. You're so creative to think it up and to create the outfits with what you got. So resourceful!

Krystal said...

Chelsea that is too funny! What a good idea. Ok so the outfits are to die for. They are perfect. Only you could put something together like that. Nice job. I was laughing so hard when I read that you were the only one dancing. I could picutre it pretty good. I remember you always dancing around crazy, so I'm sure it was so funny!I really wish you would of got some pictures/video of it. Really too funny! That picture of the girls the first on is perfect. It looks like the girls know how to be silly like their mommy! Oh I miss you guys so much. Give those girls a hug for me. I wish we could come to Utah, but I don't think it is going to happen. Have fun though. I will find out the name of that bowling place and call you. It is in Layton, but I'm sure they have some other ones.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok what a great idea to have a Christmas talent show. What a fun Elf Yourself idea. I would have died to see that dance. That would have been the coolest. The pictures are great, the image I have in my head of how it went down is wonderful and I love the outfits!

Chell said...

cute little elves, and I am cracking up at the description of the talent show!!

em said...

Oh my goodness, what a hilarious idea! SO GREAT! I love me some ElfYourself dances, so I bet it was awesome. The "mishaps" only added to it, I'm sure.

Please try to recreate it! I'd die to see a video!!