Monday, July 13, 2009

PrOjEcTs

I love having my own projects to do! Here's one that I finished on Sat.
I bought this bench at a garage sale for $20. I know a little on the expensive side for a garage sale. Because I had gotten so many other good deals I decided it was worth it. It was in great condition, it just didn't have a place in the owners new house.
Anyway, it was sort of an oak color and there was a broken mirror that went behind all the rectangles on top. When I saw it at the garage sale, I had a vision for it.
Believe it or not, it actually turned out just as I had imagined! Yay!
I painted it white, took out the mirror, and used a few scrapbooking skills to fill in the rectangles. The only thing I'm going to add, after I get some fabric, is a pad on the bench.
Projects are so fun, especially when they turn out just how you want! (Oh, I forgot to mention, it hides the ugly mess of scattered shoes that were all over the floor. They're in the bench now.)

(Sorry, no before picture. I couldn't find the camera charger. Trust me it looks better now!)

15 comments:

Dacia said...

$20!!! I wish I could go to the garage sales you're going to!! That looks awesome!!

Chell said...

SCORE!! it looks great and $20 rally is a good deal even for a yard sale.

Krystal said...

That was totally worth 20 dollars! I have mine still in the box from target from when we got married...and mine was more like $130. Nice job! I love it. I am think it is for the girls room right? Love it!

Mashaide said...

You are so talented and skilled! I could just imagine the business us sisters could have together if only we lived close to each other.

E n D said...

Wow, way to go! That turned out so cute! Your skills never cease to amaze me.

em said...

Nice work, lady! You could turn that into a biz, ya know...go garage-saling/dumpster-diving/craigslisting and then fix it up, resell it on Craigslist for twice what you spent. It looks awesome!

Pricilla said...

Wow, it looks like it came straight from pottery barn! So cute, I have always wanted a piece like that. Good job!

The Blandon's said...

Awesome! It looks so great and now I want to do one. Nice job!

Sarah said...

Chels...WOW! You amaze me. Do you want to come do projects for me? ;0)

And, I love your matching pedicured toes. So cute :0)

The Skinners said...

Wow! It looks amazing! I wish I could just whip out something like that. Way to go...

Stacia said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!! I have a friend who just bought something very similar to this for over $400... and I like yours even more. So crafty, you are.

Ginnie said...

I love it. Now you can add crafting diva to your list of talents.

Studio Gal Shannon said...

Ya clever!

Amanda said...

Impressive. I keep waiting for visions like that to come to me...I am still waiting. But that turned out way cute!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

Ok that thing is SUPER NICE!!! I totally LOVE IT!!! Looks like something you would by somewere really expensive. GREAT JOB and GREAT VISION!!!