Monday, January 19, 2009

Holding down the Fort


Well, not too much to report on this end.
For the past month and a half Matthew has been doing the hard core studying thing and the girls and I have been trying to keep everything running smoothly on the home front. For the most part, we've been holding up on our end. We just had one small break down, but we've been unfazed since. Matthew does an incredible job of keeping his composure and keeping his stress undetectable.

Just two more days left, well I guess 3. He begins his test on Wednesday, takes it for 7 hours, will come home and study a little more, so he says, and then go back on Thursday for another 4 hours. To me, it's unbelievable that he can study as long as he does each day and then can sit and take a test for that long! I know many have done it before and will come to do it, but I still can't help thinking my husband is incredible, especially with his "I'm just happy to be here" attitude. As his wife, I'm entitled to think he's incredible!


Besides the extreme focus and concentration here, we did acknowledge our 6th anniversary yesterday. We plan to celebrate this weekend, after the test, when it can be enjoyed. Matthew will pretend to be surprised for that event, because he doesn't really know anything about it.
That's all we have to report for now.
I promise, the next post will be more exciting, or I'll make something up.

7 comments:

Mashaide said...

Wow! School can be so grueling. I wish I had more time for it. There are so many things I'd like to study and learn. Happy Anniversary!

Chell said...

Aww Happy anniversary. Hope you get to do something exciting. As i walked by your place to take newborn pics for Em I looked to see if you were in the window on the phone but nope....

Krystal said...

Happy Anniversary! It will be even better when you get to go enjoy it!!! You'll have to let me know how much fun you had. Matt will love it too, I mean after a month+ of studying it will be that much better so good job! Tell Matt good luck, and let us know how it goes.

Missy said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!! :-)
:-) :-) I hope "all" goes well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) :-)

Good luck to everyone this week!!!!!!!!
Love you all!!!!
xxxooooooxxxxxxoooooooxxxxxoooo

Brock and Tyra said...

Congratulations on 6! Next year is supposed to be the itch... I never got it and I doubt you will either. You do have a pretty good guy!

Em said...

Ooh, good luck to you both!

E n D said...

Good luck on the test Matt! And Happy Anniversary!