Sunday, January 25, 2009

A celebrated 6 years of budding love.


You know, it happens to all of us. Life. It gets busy. While our perspective priorities are constantly in sight, our daily ones fluctuate to those of immediate necessity. When you keep those most important things in sight while trying to take care of somewhat less important necessities, those bigger things have a way of taking care of themselves. For instance, this past almost 4 years, we have had an immediate focus on dental school, but still
remembered that our faith, marriage and family were ultimately more important. Which brings me to the point of this entry(post). Matthew and I have been married six years now and it has been an incredible journey. I know, compared to eternity, 6 years is but a moment. Regardless of how small it may be, we are overwhelmingly thankful for that small moment of time.
With all that is required of us, we don't have the time to stare deeply into each others eyes all day and some days it gets so busy that we barely remember what we were going to tell each other. But through our devotion, responsibilities, and sacrifice our love for each other is ever deepening and boundless. Almost all we do become manifestations of love.

As we celebrated our anniversary, I realized, that though our life can get mundane and repetitive, we often are experiencing new things. Same goes for our marriage. This past weekend was a new experience and it's funny to think that we are still learning about each other.
So, I picked Matthew up from school on Friday and we drove down into the city. We checked into Sofitel, the nicest hotel either of us had ever been to, and didn't have to pay for. Then we went to dinner at Roy's restaurant, again, the nicest restaurant either of us has ever been to. We indulged ourselves and enjoyed every moment.
Our good friends stayed at our place with the girls over night and they probably never even noticed we were gone. Again, something new for me, I have never left my kids before, and I literally almost cried. I know, it's ridiculous, but what can I say, I'm a mom. I was able to find comfort in knowing that the girls would be well taken care of and a quick call to my mom.
And that was our anniversary celebration. It gets chalked up to one of the most fun things we have ever done.
Throughout our little vacation, we reflected on the many things we had learned and done as a couple.
We discovered that our love is really just budding.




9 comments:

Mashaide said...

Sounds like you two had a wonderful time. It's so refreshing to hear the love you have for each other. Here's to many more years to come.

Chell said...

Aww how sweet. glad you had a good time together, and it is okay to miss the kids, it is normal!!

Krystal said...

Chelsea that was a really beautiful post. What good examples Matt and you our to us. We love you and are so happy for you. Wow six years. I think you said it all so well with those words of love and truth. Matt is very luck to have you, as you are to have him. You are both such good people and I wish you the best. I'm glad it was a fun weekend. Good job for leaving the girls. I would of cried too. Then again lets be honest I am not to that point that I could of done it. So good job. Although I have left them with my mom so that counts right? Any ways back to what matters we love you both and miss you tons. All call you later to hear about all the fun!

Amanda said...

I seriously can't believe that you have been married for 6 years! That just blows me away. I am so happy for you and how great life has turned out for you. You are a blessed woman with a great hubby and two beautiful daughters. I am happy for you all. Happy anniversary!

Em said...

Beautiful post, although that last picture makes me laugh uncontrollably.

Does that make me a bad person?

Pricilla said...

awe, that was so cute. What a sweet post. Happy Anniversary, I am so glad that you got to do something so special together. You guys are a great great couple.

Dacia said...

You are so profound! I'm so glad that my little sister is so happy in love! Love you to pieces!!

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I am so happy to see that the love is still there like the day it began just stronger and more mature. What you two have is truly unique in this world and something to hold onto tightly. I am so happy for you Bels and I can not believe that it has been 6 years, WOW!!! You are just beginning your journey together. Beautiful post!

Sarah said...

Chels and Matt, congratulations on your 6th anniversary! Wow, time really does fly! And Chels, I really enjoyed reading your post. You guys are sure great!!