Thursday, June 19, 2008

There's no place like home...

We're back in Philly, and it is true that there's no place like home, but I title this post that for another reason...I'm making reference to good ol' Dorthy and her home, Kansas. We took a trip out to Kansas a week ago and it was quite an experience. We went to meet up with Matthew's family for a temple trip, we also surprised Matthew's dad for his "29th" birthday and Matthew had an interview with a dentist, Dr. Jon Julian, out in McPherson, Kansas. So this is just a really quick recap, I'll fill you in later with more details....

Tuesday Night: arrived in Manhattan , Kansas at Matthew's grandma's home.

Wednesday: Drove to McPherson, to meet dentist and see practice...AWESOME!!!!

Wednesday night: Tornado hit...we were very very very blessed!!!

Thursday: Assess damage and clean up

Friday: Drove to Omaha, NE to meet up with Matthew's brother and family.

Saturday: Matthew's family went to the temple in Winter Quarters and did work for his great grand parents, while my sister-in-law and I took the kids to the zoo, not the college world series. Drove back to Manhattan, KS

Sunday: Took Matthew to the airport and visited with Matthew's Aunt and Uncle

Monday: More visiting and hanging out

Tuesday: prepare for trip home and visit with family

Wednesday: Went home.

Just a quick picture, more to come with detailed posts:

4 comments:

Em said...

Sounds like an awesome trip! Glad you are SAFE!

Krystal said...

First we are so happy you guys are safe and sound! Next a big Happy Birthday to Aleah, we love you and hope you had a Happy Birthday! Send us pictures of all the fun, and the ocean.We love you and miss you tons!

Amanda said...

I am constantly amazed at how many trips you are brave enough to take with two little girls! Good for you. And glad to hear that you were safe from harm. Looking forward to hearing more.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

My goodness that is freaky, I do not think that I ever ever want to have to experience a tornado, CREAPY!!! I am so glad that you are safe and that you are all well. YIKES!!!
I am glad that you got to spend so much time with family though. Can't wait for more details!