Okay, well I'm just now getting around to posting something about Matthew's mom. (That last post he did, he's getting to be pretty good at posting.)
I hate to use the title "Mother-in-law" because I think too often it has sort of a negative connotation and I have been greatly blessed to have married into such an awesome family.
The more people I meet, the more I learn that not so many are as fortunate as I. From the first day I met Matthew's mom she has always been a warm, gentle, reassuring person. Of course meeting the parents can be daunting, but Matthew's mom made it pretty comfortable and what can I say, "kick back".
Let me tell you a little about her. She's very intelligent, very patient, very creative, very loving and honest, if I ask her, she'll tell me. She has three children, 5 grandchildren, she teaches Spanish and French to High school kids, she loves to read, garden, walk, play games, and be with family. One of my favorite things about summer is knowing that we get to see Matthew's parents. They always drive out to visit us, whether it's 10 hours away or 3 days away, they always come.
And now for a story about my wonderful Mother-in-law.
This past summer Matthew's parents came out to visit near the end of July. I was pregnant with Kanani, and she was due July 27th. My mom wasn't able to come out to help so Matthew's parents arranged it so they could be here. Well, the past couple of years, Matthew's grandpa (his mom's dad) hadn't being do too well. So before they came out to see us they were at his grandparents house, spending time with her dad and helping her mom any way they could.
Then they came out here, and were here 2 weeks before I finally had the baby, and then about 5 days after. They left around Aug. 4 and a week or 2 later both Matthew's parents had to go back to teaching.
The following month her father passed away.
I am very grateful for the sacrifice that my mother-in-law made to be here in our time of need, even though her need was greater.
Mother's are such a blessing and I am very grateful to have two.
I love you Mommy!

4 comments:
What touching stories about your mom and Matthew's mom. Geez, you're making me cry!
What a sweet tribute! You are so lucky to have a great mother-in-law!!
Yep....you're making me cry too! Love your comments about 2 awesome women! :-)
I love the stories about the very good "mothers" in your life. It must be a big reason why your such a sweet person. You have been the best friend, and I thank you for that. As for your mothering skills your girls are very blessed to have you.
Post a Comment