-A GPR, in this case, stands for General Practice Residency and is self-explanatory.
-To Associate, in this case, is to find a dentist/practice in which Matthew could sign a year or two contract and learn the ropes of dentistry.
These are just simple definitions which lead to unbiased interpretations.
Now here are a few other definitions....
A GPR (according to Chelsea) means: A fun application process that takes time and money and waiting until next February to see if we get accepted to one; we get to move somewhere new for a year, which means we have to move again in just 12 months after that--more money; my husband gets to work in a hospital atmosphere (doing dentistry) and gets to be on call every week to every 3 weeks; hopefully my husband gets to learn implants and I.V.sedation in a lower risk environment; we get paid around $40,000-give or take--that's more than now; we probably get to rent another apartment, although I have his word we look for a house to rent first...which probably means another apartment...which means no washer and dryer...another apartment means either we wait until the GPR is over to have another kid(I don't want to have another newborn in an apartment--no one gets sleep!!!!!) which means there will be a 4 year gap or I suck it up and have another one anyways---sleep is over rated; a GPR means...our job options afterward should be plentiful;
To Associate means: really there's so much it means I quit these definitions.
Let me just tell you how I feel. If it was up to me we would just go find a job in an area we would like to live and get paid 3 times more times more than a GPR and be that much closer to paying off those blasted school loans, continuing our family, and getting a washer and dryer and a place to put it.
Other days it makes perfect sense why Matthew wants to do a GPR and I am excited and supportive. Today... I was all for a GPR until Matthew comments to a friend that maybe he'll go work with him in a year! There you have it. One minute we're doing a GPR, the next, we're out in the real world.
Really, I'll be happy and supportive, whatever my husband decides. How could I not, Matthew is just too good of a man to not be happy with him.
Stay posted to find out what we do. Okay not really because you'll be waiting for probably a year.
4 comments:
Good luck with all these lovely choices!
Isn't life just full of fun decisions and dilemas? I wish it could be easy...but what would be the fun of that, right?
I'll be hanging on waiting for more news...
I just love that life throws these roads at us and has us decide which one to go down??? I wish he would just point the way for us, seriously! But either way I think you will be a happy, loving family.
I admire your support and patience.
Good luck and keep us posted! LOVES!
oh.the.stress.
I'm feelin' ya.
I'm sorry.
Post a Comment