Thursday, May 8, 2008

Girls and the instinct to be over dramatic!!!

We all know that sometimes the female race can be a little dramatic, here's just one example.
First of all, this is not the first time that Aleah has fallen and scraped her knee while playing outside. However, this was the first time that Matthew happened to be outside when she came running over to show us...and good heavens, it was the end of the world! Matthew took her inside the house to try and clean it and she was not going to have that! She was hysterical! She would not stop crying. (Good thing we have mommy to do the dirty work.) After a good while she finally calmed down enough to tell us that she wanted to watch a movie. So, we put her on the couch, because she had to be carried, put a movie on and propped her leg up on a pillow. When it was bed time, we laid her down in bed, again with her leg propped up and she quickly fell asleep.
The next day she walked around limping, whenever she remembered that she hurt her knee, other than that it was a miraculous recovery and she was able to play all day.
Talk about drama! It makes me crazy!!! Just so you know 2 days ago, she fell again outside, came running over to tell me, I asked if she was okay and if she needed me to hold her, she said no and went about her business. I could tell she was in pain, but after showing me, she was fine. But whenever Daddy is around, man, she plays it up.
I wish I could say that I wasn't a drama queen, but I'm a woman and there's no avoiding the drama. Like I said, it's a built in instinct, so I guess I should just learn to love it. (but I can't stand it!!!)
This is daddy trying to calm her down.

Here it is....I could barely get a picture without her freaking out.

(I know, it's a little scratch, that's what I mean over dramatic!)

7 comments:

Amanda said...

That is probably the funniest thing I have heard in awhile. The poor, dear child. I love that she had to have her leg propped up on a pillow and everything.
Girls are drama queens. It drives me insane too, but I try my hardest to just laugh at it/her when she acts that way. Cute!

Krystal said...

I love the song! It's funny Aleah is so tuff, and yet the best little drama queen. She's a smart one. Thats why we love her.

Missy said...

That's hilarious!!!!!!!
Hey, I've worked with many drama queens. Are you sure she's not going to be an opera singer??!!!!!
:-) (ha!ha!)

p.s. Our "puppy dog" is adorable!!!

Janell said...

What a great story! I remember doing the same thing when my dad was around. We girls can work it!!

The Perry family said...

Come on now, if you look at the her knee it is much more than a scratch. Being a dentist in training, my professional opinion was that it might need stitches.:) She just needed her daddy.

Kipn n' Sarah said...

I love reading Matthew's comment! FUNNY!
Yeah it seems that us girs really know how to ham it up for the men in our lives. I think we just love the extra attention. I would have to admit, I do it sometimes.
I love that you had to put a pillow under her leg and that she limped all over when she remembered. What a funny girl! Cute story!

Dacia said...

Girls, dramatic, no way! I can't even imagine an over dramatic female!!!